Vandalia Community Unit Schools Job Postings
- Substitute Cook
Vandalia CUSD #203 is seeking dependable applicants for the position of Substitute Cook. The substitute Cook will perform the following duties: Helps prepare and serve daily meals according to the printed menu, responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen including equipment and appliances, wash service area, dishes, trays, pots/pans by hand, with sprayer and industrial dishwasher, complies with all county health rules and regulations, ability to communicate with students, parents and staff in an acceptable/courteous manner, complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards, may be required to perform additional tasks as required by head cook. You must be able to lift up to 48 lbs and the ability to push and pull up to 30 lbs.
All candidates are subject to a Criminal Background, and Fingerprint process. High School diploma or equivalent required. Download Job Application Here.
Applications may be picked up and or turned in at Vandalia Administration Office, 1109 North 8th Street, Vandalia, IL 62471. Located on the Southwest side of the Vandalia High School, door number 9.
- Substitute School Bus Driver
Vandalia CUSD #203 is seeking qualified individuals to fill the vacancies for substitute bus drivers.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have or be able to obtain a CDL License with an IL School Bus Drivers Permit
- Have a safe driving record as per the IL State Board of Education
- Be able to pass a background check, fingerprinting process, and drug test screening
- Be able to perform drivers tasks as written in job description
- Be able to relate to and control bus students
- Be punctual and dependable with flexible hours
- Be able to follow instructions well
Applications are available at the Vandalia CUSD#203 Unit Office, 1109 N 8th St., Vandalia, IL 62471 or online here. Download Job Application Here.
For further information, please contact Whitney Smith, Transportation Director @ 618-283-5160 or 618-283-8135. Apply to contact Whitney Smith, Transportation Director, 1109 N 8th St., Vandalia, IL 62471.