VES Come and Go Day is Thursday, August 18 from 8:00-1:00 and 1:30-3:00 for grades Kindergarten through 3rd grade.
VES Come and Go Day is Friday, August 19 from 8:30-11:00 for the AM PreK class and 12:00-2:00 for the PM PreK class.
Vandalia Community Schools is experiencing a phone line outages across our district from our service provider. This is a known issue from last night with the storms and the provider is currently looking for the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. Check our website and social media for up to date information and staff contact information for questions.
Happy August Vandals!
- Online Registration is now open. Log into www.teacherease.com
to complete for each child.
- In-Person Registration is Thursday, August 4th from 10am - 6pm for ALL SCHOOLS at Vandalia High School (due to construction) for anyone not able to complete online registration
- School Supply Lists can be found here: https://www.vandals203.org/article/739590
- Lunch menus can be found here(as well as under Dining on the app and website): https://www.vandals203.org/article/506912
- August 18th is the first day of school for grades 4-12.
- August 18th will be a Come and Go Day for VES (details to come)
Vandalia School District #203 is hiring for:
🚌Full Time and Sub Route Bus Drivers
🚌Extra curricular activities Bus Drivers.
Apply here: https://5il.co/asv5
Vandalia CUSD #203 is hiring coaches that value responsibility, accountability, effort, and passion. The following coaching positions are open: VCHS Boys Golf, VCHS Assistant Girls Basketball Coach, VJHS Girls Basketball Coach, and VJHS Softball Coach (Volunteer). Please email Athletic Director Jason Clay at email@example.com
to apply by Friday, June 10.
If you have a love for helping children, come join our family. We are seeking Teacher’s Aides for Vandalia Community Unit School District #203. Position offers paid holidays, no nights or weekends and is a perfect opportunity for parents with children in our district. Candidates should have an Associates Degree or obtain their Paraprofessional License. If interested in making a difference in our students' lives, please contact Amy Zimmerman at 618-283-4525 to find out how to apply.
Vandalia Summer Swim Team Information
Vandal PTO is hosting a Family Yard Game Night TONIGHT at 5-7:30 P.M. at the VHS practice football field. Bring your favorite yard games to enjoy. Families can bring their own picnic, or purchase from a local food truck! Admission is free!! We hope to see you there!
SUMMER BASKETBALL CAMP & LEAGUE INFORMATION:
*See the attached information for the Vandal Summer Basketball Camp and League:
K-3rd Grade Camp: https://5il.co/1afv5
3rd-12th Grade League: https://5il.co/1afv6
Vandal PTO is hosting a Family Yard Game Night on Saturday, May 14th, 5-7:30pm at the VHS practice football field. Bring your favorite yard games. Families can bring their own picnic or purchase from a local food truck! Admission is free! We hope to see you there!
JOB OPENING: Full Time School Bus Driver 2022-2023
Vandalia CUSD #203 is seeking qualified individuals to fill the vacancies for full-time bus drivers starting the school year 2022-2023. Applications are available at the Vandalia CUSD#203 Unit Office, 1109 N 8th St., Vandalia, IL 62471 or online here: https://core-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/asset/uploaded_file/493322/Application_Form_2022.pdf
For further information, please contact Whitney Smith, Transportation Director at 618-283-8135 or 618-283-8110 or in-person at 1109 N 8th St., Vandalia, IL 62471. VCUSD is An Equal Opportunity Employer.
HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR
- Pre-K: Physical exam, Immunization record, Lead screening, Birth Certificate
- Kindergarten: Physical exam, Immunization record including Dtap #5, IPV #4, MMR #2, Varicella #2, Lead screening, Birth Certificate, Dental exam, Eye exam
- 2nd: Dental exam
- 6th: Physical exam, Dental exam, Tdap & Meningococcal Immunizations, Proof of MMR#2 and Varicella #2 Immunizations
- 9th: Physical exam, Dental exam, Proof of Tdap, Meningococcal, MMR #2, Varicella #2 Immunizations
- 12th: Meningococcal #2 Immunization
Good morning. We realize the potholes in the VJHS/VES back parking lot off of Veterans Parkway are terrible. We intend to fill them as soon as we can. However, the truck we need to get the asphalt patching is currently in the shop getting the transmission rebuilt.
Kindergarten Pre-Registration for the 2022-2023 school year is happening today! April 21, 2022 8:00am-1:00pm and 4:00-6:00pm. See requirements posted here: https://5il.co/fwz7