Picture day is TOMORROW! Bring your smile and don't wear green💚
The safety and security of our schools remain a top priority, and we will continue to work closely with the Vandalia School District to ensure the safety of our students. We appreciate the cooperation and support of the Vandalia community.
In response to these false allegations, our department is now conducting a comprehensive investigation to determine the appropriate legal actions to be taken. It’s important to note that transmitting or causing the transmission of threats, whether real or false, is a serious offense under Illinois law. Such actions can lead to criminal charges. We want to emphasize the importance of responsible behavior and the severe consequences that can result from making false threats. False threats not only divert critical resources away from genuine issues but also create unnecessary fear and anxiety within our community. 2/3
The following statement was released by the Vandalia Police Department: On 09/21/2023, our department investigated allegations of a potential threat at Vandalia High School. We are now sharing an important update regarding this matter. Working together with the Vandalia School District it has come to light that the initial allegations were fabricated by a group of individuals. These allegations were taken extremely seriously, as the safety of our students and educational institutions is paramount. We want to reassure the community that there was no credible threat to the school or its occupants. 1/2
The following statement was released by the Vandalia Police Department: We have investigated allegations of a threat at the Vandalia High School and found no evidence of a credible threat. There will be an increased officer presence at the school tomorrow.
Picture day is NEXT Tuesday, September 26th. (Remember not to wear green due to the background 😊)
VES Blood Drive today (3-7pm) in the cafeteria!
Early Dismissal (11:30am) on Friday September 15th!
Monday (9/18) from 3-7pm at VES...please consider donating and being someone's hero. Visit RedCrossBlood.org and enter VandaliaES to schedule an appointment❤️
VCUSD#203 partners with Linewize as our internet filtering company. They also provide an internet safety hub for parents and students. Check out their resources!
Here is the August Newsletter!
Attention Football Fans!
Spectator Guidelines for High School Football Games:
1. All students who are not in high school must be accompanied by their parent or guardian. If the adult leaves the game, the student under their care must leave as well.
2. Once a student enters, they may not leave and reenter unless they are accompanied by an adult.
3. Elementary, Junior High, and High School students are expected to be seated for the majority of the game.
4. No throwing of any object is permitted. Objects will be confiscated.
5. Skateboards and bikes are not allowed inside of the gates.
6. All school rules apply at any school event.
7. Failure to comply with the above expectations will result in students being removed from the game and/or parent/guardian contact.
8. NO LOITERING in or around the concession stand area, behind the bleachers or restroom areas.